Referral for abortion

The conditions for free abortion on the NHS are fully explained on this NHS page.

In summary, you need to be referred by a doctor, ideally your own GP, otherwise a contraception or sexual health clinic. The Family Planning Association has a useful web page that finds a contraception clinic near your postcode, but always ring the clinic to find out if and when they are open for referral. If you're under 25, you can also go to a young people’s service such as Brook.

We are not a medical centre, and cannot refer for abortion, but we do signpost services in our local area.